Since its first publication in 1987 as ‘The History of Beads’, this book has become the world’s definitive guide for bead lovers, collectors and scholars.
History of beads timeline
The remarkable eight-page foldout timeline of the history of beads
• All chapters have been updated with the latest archeological discoveries
• A chapter has been added on adornment since the 1980s
• 225 beads have been added to the remarkable eight-page gatefold timeline that guides readers through the rich history of beads
• The many maps have been modernized and are now in colour
• Seventy images, formerly black-and-white, have been changed to full colour
• 200 new photographs have been taken specially for this edition
Beautifully packaged with a new cover, this volume is a must-have for devotees of the first edition and for the next generation of bead obsessives and aficionados. The latest revisions include an update on the oldest bead ever discovered, now dated to around 100,000 BC, and an explanation on why beads worn on the human body were the original media communication system.
Beads are far more than mere personal adornment. They have been used throughout the world as talismans, as status symbols, for religion and for barter. Every bead is a capsule of cultural information, containing a fascinating tale of the origins of its materials, its manufacture, its many uses, perhaps its travels, and its potent symbolism.
|Lager status||Ikke på lager|
|På lager igen om:||Uvis leveringstid|
|Periode:||Prehistory to Modern Age|
|Illustrationer:||Drawings and photos in b/w and colour|
|Mål (BxH) i cm:||23 x 29,7|
|Forfatter:||Lois Sherr Dubin|
|Forlag:||Thames & Hudson|
Efter bestilling, modtager du en bekræftelse via mail. Ordren behandles senest 3 hverdage fra modtagelse. Ved køb over 800 kr. betaler vi forsendelsen i DK. Bemærk at der kan gå 5-7 hverdage fra afsendelse til modtagelse af Quick-breve. OBS! Ved afhentning i Museumsbutikken: Du skal være opmærksom på, at du først kan afhente din ordre, når du modtager en e-mail fra os herom, ikke før. Den vil fortælle dig, at nu er dine varer kommet og er klar til afhentning i butikken. Og husk at der altid er gratis adgang til Museumsbutikken.