The most up-to-the-minute account of our origins available, created in full collaboration with the Natural History Museum, London. Illustrated with photographs, diagrams and specially commissioned reconstructions, this compelling and authoritative account is essential reading for anyone interested in the story of human origins.
‘In Search of Our Ancestors’ examines how sites such as Olduvai Gorge and Boxgrove are excavated and dated and how technological advances are transforming our understanding.
‘The Fossil Evidence’ traces the origins and development of primates and humans and the growing impact of genetic studies, including the extraction of DNA from extinct species. The latest finds are evaluated, as is the extraordinary new human species, Homo floresiensis, discovered recently in Indonesia.
‘Interpreting the Evidence’ reconstructs and explains the evolution of human behaviour, including the development tool use, symbolism and art, and describes the spread of modern humans from Africa to all corners of the world.
Revisions include spectacular discoveries and cutting-edge research:
• New descriptions of the famous ‘Ardi’ skeleton (Ardipithecus ramidus) shed light on the earliest known human ancestor candidates
• The newly discovered species Australopithecus sediba could finally prove that the australopithecines were ancestral to humans
• Fresh work on the dwarf-human remains from Indonesia confirms that Homo floresiensis – the ‘Hobbit’ – was a separate human-like species
• New DNA research shows that modern humans living outside Africa have traces of Neanderthal genetic heritage
• New discoveries from a Siberian cave suggest another, as yet unnamed human species lived alongside Neanderthals and modern humans.
|Lager status||På lager|
|Illustrationer:||Drawings and photos in b/w and colour|
|Mål (BxH) i cm:||19,2 x 25,4|
|Forfatter:||Chris Stringer, Peter Andrews|
|Forlag:||Thames & Hudson|
Efter bestilling, modtager du en bekræftelse via mail. Ordren behandles senest 3 hverdage fra modtagelse. Ved køb over 800 kr. betaler vi forsendelsen i DK. Post Nord har pt. forsinkelser, så der kan gå 5-7 hverdage fra afsendelse til modtagelse.